Mr Alan CrombieMB ChB 1992 Glasgow; FRCS Edin 1997; FRCS Edin (Tr & Orth) 2004; CCST (UK) Tr & Orth 2006
Rotorua Orthopaedic Ltd
Bay Of Plenty 3010
07 348 9150
07 348 7727
Special Clinical Interest(s)
- Hip surgery - including primary & revision hip replacement
- Knee surgery - including arthroscopic surgery, and primary & revision knee replacement
- Foot & ankle surgery - including forefoot correction/bunion surgery, arthritis surgery and ankle ligament reconstruction
I completed my medical and orthopaedic training in Glasgow & the West of Scotland. I worked for 8 years as an orthopaedic consultant in Greater Glasgow & Clyde, the largest NHS Trust in the UK & one of the busiest trauma units in Scotland, before moving to Rotorua in 2012.
During this time I developed a special interest in hip & knee replacement surgery, especially revision arthroplasty, performing approximately 200 primary & 50 revision joint replacements annually. This still comprises the majority of my workload in the public hospital in Rotorua.
Year of first medical qualification1992
Membership of professional bodies
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- British Orthopaedic Association