Mr David VernonMB ChB 1988 Auckland; FRACS (GS) 1995
Full NZ Registration Date30 November 1988
Mr David Vernon - General Surgeon
1239 Ranolf Street
Bay Of Plenty 3010
07 348 8049
07 348 8048
Special Clinical Interest(s)
- Skin surgery
- Gallbladder surgery including advanced laparoscopic biliary procedures
- Laparoscopic inguinal hernia surgery
- Colorectal surgery
- Gastrointestinal endoscopy
I qualified from Auckland Medical School in 1988 and completed my General Surgical Fellowship in the upper North Island before undertaking research under the auspices of the late Professor Graham Hill in the Body Composition and Nutrition Unit at Auckland Hospital.
I then completed post-Fellowship positions in the Colorectal Unit of the Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh (UK), the Department of General Surgery at the Norfolk & Norwich Hospital (UK) and the Colorectal and HPB Units of Flinders Medical Centre in Adelaide (Australia).
I started working for Lakes District Health Board, in Rotorua, in January 2002 and currently hold the position of Clinical Head of Department of General Surgery at Lakes District Health Board.
Year of first medical qualification1988
Membership of professional bodies
- Member, New Zealand Association of General Surgeons
- Member, Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain and Ireland
Other Specialists in General Surgery
- MB ChB 1996 Glasgow; CCT (UK) (Gen Surg) 2009; FRCS (Gen surg) Glasg 2009
- General Surgery