Mr James DuthieMB ChB 2004 Otago; FRACS (Urol) 2013
Full NZ Registration Date28 November 2005
Special Clinical Interest(s)
- Prostate cancer, particularly high-risk prostate cancer
- Robotic surgery, robotic prostatectomy, robotic partial nephrectomy
- Benign prostate disease (BPH)
- Kidney stones
- Female continence surgery
- General urology
After training in general urological surgery in New Zealand, Jim completed a year-long Fellowship in Robotic Surgery and Complex Pelvic Cancer Surgery at Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, Melbourne, performing over one hundred robotic prostate cancer surgeries and gaining experience in robotic partial nephrectomy surgery.
Jim has a particular interest in high-risk prostate cancer surgery, and is experienced in minimally invasive and endourology - including bladder cancer and kidney stone management. In addition to surgery, Jim has another career in medical communications and health information technology. He has developed prostate cancer related smartphone applications, created content for online patient resources, and consulted on health-related websites.
Year of first medical qualification2004
Membership of professional bodies
- Urological Society of Australia & New Zealand Training Board
- Medical Advisor to the Prostate Cancer Foundation of New Zealand
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (Urology)