Mr Richard HarmanMB ChB 1987 Otago; FRACS 1995
Practising atNorth Harbour (Auckland)
Full NZ Registration Date13 February 1989
Special Clinical Interest(s)
Richard Harman is a General Surgeon at North Shore Hospital and Waitemata Surgeons. His subspeciality interests are Endocrine Surgery, Thyroid, Parathyroid and Adrenal Surgery working closely with endocrinoloigsts in this area (Thyroid Specialists).
Richard's other areas of surgical specialities are breast cancer (with Auckland Breast Centre) and melanoma surgery having spent time with and having close links with the Sydney Melanoma Unit and now with the NZ Melanoma Foundation.
Richard is also available for consultation for common general surgical procedures such as hernia and laparoscopic gallbladder procedures.
- Surgical training in Auckland. Post fellowship training at Royal Prince Alfred, Sydney, and the Mayo Clinic Rochester, USA. Specialist training in breast and endocrine (thyroid, parathyroid and adrenal surgery). I spent a year at the Sydney Melanoma unit.
- I have an active interest in research in these areas, participating in clinical trials and publications.
Year of first medical qualification1989
Post Fellowship Training
Sydney Melanoma Unit 1997
Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Sydney Australia
Mayo Clinic 1998
Rochester, Minnesota USA
Membership of professional bodies
- Australasian Section of Breast Surgery
- Australasian Section of Endocrine Surgery
- Melanoma Foundation New Zealand
- Auckland Breast Cancer Group
- ANZ Breast Cancer Trials Group
Other Specialists in General Surgery
Visiting hours: 11am - 8pm
232 Wairau Road, Glenfield, Auckland 0627
P.O. Box 101-488, North Shore Mail Centre 0745
Phone: 09 925 4400
Fax: 09 925 4401