Mr Simon van RijMB ChB 2006 Otago; FRACS (Urol) 2015
Practising atBrightside (Auckland)
North Harbour (Auckland)
Full NZ Registration Date05 February 2008
(09) 623 0161
(09) 623 4161
MercyAscot Haematuria and Renal Colic Clinic
GATE 1 ENTRANCE
The clinic is on the Mercy Hospital site, specifically within the Mercy Radiology “Rad 2” facility which is in the front building right next to Mountain Rd.
(09) 630 3324
(09) 623 5856
Special Clinical Interest(s)
- All urological cancers: kidney, bladder, prostate, testicular, penile
- Kidney stones, prevention and dietary advice
- Urinary flow problems, incontinence and catheter issues
- Erectile dysfunction and sexual disorders, fertility and contraception
- Scrotal abnormalities: hydroceles, varioceles, epidymal cysts
- Kidney abnormalities.
- Robotic prostatectomy. Robotic partial nephrectomy
- Laparoscopic nephrectomy. Laparoscopic pyleoplasty, Bladder tumour removal
- Ureteroscopy, laser, shockwave treatment (ESWL)
- TURP, urodynamics, laser, cystoscopy, stent insertion
- Circumcision, vasectomy
- Scrotal surgery, hydrocele repair
- Transperineal prostate biopsy, MRI guided prostate biopsy.
Simon is a NZ trained urologist with a passion for men's health and for ensuring that NZ men receive the world's best level of care.
After completing his training he headed to Melbourne for a fellowship in robotic surgery and complex uro-oncology.
Using these skills he worked at Guy's Hospital in London as a robotic consultant specialist in the largest prostate/kidney center in the UK.
Simon was integral in the prostate cancer diagnostic program using MRI fusion technology. During this time he was asked to teach and present to other urologists throughout the world about these techniques. Simon was also employed for his expertise in laser HOLEP surgery in this highly specialised field.
Simon has extensive experience in Laparoscopic surgery and kidney stone treatments and surgery and treats all other urological conditions including vasectomy and circumcision.
Other Specialists in Urology
Visiting hours: 11am - 8pm
3 Brightside Rd, Epsom, Auckland 1023
PO Box 26064, Epsom, Auckland, 1344
Phone: 09 925 4200