Mr Andre WestenbergMB ChB 1992 Otago; FRACS 2000
Full NZ Registration Date06 December 1993
Special Clinical Interest(s)
- Urological cancer - radical prostatectomy, partial nephrectomy and radical
- Percutaneous renal surgery - for large renal stones
- Male urinary incontinence - full range of options, and treatment can be tailored
- Reconstructive urology
- Laser prostatectomy
- General urology
Andre received his primary medical degree from the University of Otago, after initially completing a degree in botany. His postgraduate training was in Wellington, where he was admitted to the urology training program.
After placements in Tauranga and Christchurch he did two years fellowship training at the Institute of Urology, London. He holds fellowships in both endourology and female and reconstructive urology.
Since returning to NZ in 2001 he has been based in Tauranga largely engaged in the treatment of urologic cancers including bladder, kidney and prostate. He carries out all the major pelvic cancer surgery for the region.
Year of first medical qualification1992
Post Fellowship Training
Institute of Urology, London. Fellowships in Endourology, Female and Reconstructive Urology.
Membership of professional bodies
- Fellow, Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Full Member, Urological Society of Australia and New Zealand
- Member, European Association of Urology